OziBarista

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Western Australia Trip

In the leadup to the Victorian Barista Championship I decided I had better check out the Western Australian Barista Championship having not organised one before. The trip was great, aside from the chance to visit the Margaret River, experience Perth's Coffee Culture and lend a hand at the WABC, I also got to celebrate my Nanas 80th Birthday (Happy Birthday Nana!).

Below is a picture from the Judges Callibration Session that I participated in in the lead up to the Western Australian Barista Championship.



I was pleased to see that Perths coffee culture is developing, I was treated to quite a few great coffees - Velvet, Epic, Tiger Tiger to name a few.

Velvet - Great Piccolo Latte (Acidity of their blend cut nicely through milk)


Epic - Passionate Owner, Great Doppio Ristretto


Tiger Tiger - Got a chic Melbournian feel - Very cool place hidden in a lane way, well made coffee.


I'm planning to head to South Australia toward the end of this month to check out the Final of the Australian Barista Championship and Adelaide's Coffee Scene. Any recommendations?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home