OziBarista

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Recent Cafe visits

I have also been continuing my exploration of cafes around Melbourne.

Some of the recent highlights include Batch and Ici.

Batch
- Owned and operated by Kiwi Barista Jason Chan, Batch holds iconic status in the Carlisle St "coffee precinct" of Balaclava. Free of pretentiousness, expect a great brew made by passionate baristas - I would particularly recommend a double ristretto machiatto - one of my Favs in Melbourne.















Ici

Ici is a really cosy and intimate "Parisian style" cafe located in Napier St Fitzroy. I love the old wooden doors used to create the bar, the contrast of chalk on black boards and the old rustic charm of antique chairs and random wares that make the cafe look decades established despite only being a few years old.















I hope to get out and visit some more cafes after the fine food show - expect some more pictures and postings soon (I also have trips planned to the cafe biz tradeshow, the pura latte art competition and equal golden bean roasting competition being held in NSW on Monday October 30th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home